Client Login:

request anappointment

arrange a meeting with one of our experts today!

Search Our Site

Request an appointment
Branch finder

McLintocks News

Request a Callback >

New Stamp Duty Land Tax Return Forms Available

HMRC have now made available new Stamp Duty Land Tax forms for Property and Land Owners. The new forms must be used for all paper returns from 4 July 2011, when land or property has been exchanged.

A key change to the forms is that each lead purchaser will need to use a unique identifier such as:

  • Individuals: NI Number and date of birth
  • Companies: Company UTR or VAT registration number
  • Partnerships: UTR or VAT registration number

If the information above is not available, property and land owners who have bought/sold are being asked to use another unique reference such as a passport number or driving licence stating the country or place of issue.

Clearly HMRC will be using this information to attach to taxpayer files and look for the appropriate disclosure. HMRC will also be looking to see if Owners of properties for let have their rental income disclosed accordingly.

If you are unsure of the changes, or would like some advice on how to complete your SDLT, SDLT1, SDLT3 or SDLT 4, please contact your McLintocks representative today, or call 0845 680 7800.

You can order copies of the new forms here.